Chaired by: Professor Phil Blythe
From: Electric vehicles - the journey from power station to wheel, 2nd May 2012, Newcastle
02 May 2012 Transport channel
Please login to view IET.tv Technology channel presentations.
Continuing the series of lectures on "Electric vehicles - the journey from power station to wheel" this evening lecture will reflect on the EV trials in the North East and explore future scenarios for EVs.
Speakers will cover issues including:
* All electric, hydrogen, hybrid - where should the focus be for low carbon transport
* Future scenarios for EVs in NE
* Potential growth and realistic take up of EVs in the UK?
* What are the drivers for change?
* Dr Colin Herron, MD, Zero Carbon Futures
* Sally Herbert, Sustainable Travel Specialist, Tyne and Wear Local Transport Plan
* Carolyn White, Director of IET Standards Ltd
* Dr Yvonne Huebner, Senior Research Associate, Newcastle University