From: The 2012 IET Young Women Engineer of the Year Awards, London, 06 December 2012
07 December 2012 News
The YWE award recognises a young woman who has firmly established herself as an energetic and technically excellent professional.
Additional prizes announced at the ceremony include the Mary George Memorial Prize for Apprentices and the Women's Engineering Society Prize.
How will the winners benefit?
* All award winners will have the chance to claim her award at a prestigious national ceremony in London on 6 December 2012, which will be covered by both print and broadcast media
* All award winners will have the opportunity to attend high profile events and meet the most influential people in our industry
* All awards will highlight the winner's achievements to future employers
* The YWE winner will receive a trophy and a cheque for £2,500
* The Mary George Prize for Apprentices Winner will receive a trophy and a cheque for £750
* The Women's Engineering Society Prize winner will receive a trophy and a cheque for £750
It's an amazing opportunity for exceptional young women to get noticed for all the right reasons and to secure long term career success. Here are just some of the opportunities you can expect as the winner of the YWE, Mary George or WES prizes:
* Delivering activities that inspire and engage young people
* Being interviewed by journalists
* Participating in blogs and social media activities
* Talking at conferences
* Representing the IET at the highest level
* Networking with other inspirational women in engineering